Happy New Year!!!
We would like to extend our best wishes to all of our friends for a happy, successful, fun, healthy and prosperous New Year.
Our first newsletter of 2006 will contain posts about a special honeymoon aboard PHAEDRUS, a short report on the St. Maarten Charter Yacht Exhibition and winners of their Concours de Chef competition, an opportunity to charter an expedition yacht in the Galapagos, wheelchair accessible barges for the French canals in southern Burgandy, motor yachts available for charter in the Caribbean over the summer months, and special offers.
Bob, Sheila, and of course, Bullwinkle
Paradise Connections Yacht Charters
|<= Caribbean in the winter|
|NOT the Caribbean in the winter =>|
Leslie and Charles, owner-operators of the 51-foot charter yacht Phaedrus, were married November 27, 2005 at Hawksnest Beach, St. John, US Virgin Islands.
Phaedrus is one of our favorite charter yachts with great accommodations and a fabulous crew. We love it when we are in the same port with them, as Charles is an excellent cook!
Phaedrus has a special rate for honeymoon and anniversary charters: $5100/week, all inclusive.
They still have a few open dates available for this season:
January 28 - February 3, 2006
February 12-22, 2006
February 27 - March 5, 2006
April 16 - May 13, 2006
June 5-17, 2006
June 25-30, 2006 (but maybe if we ask nicely they'll go a few days into July)
July 1-15, 2006 in the Grenadines
Check them out (click here) and give us a call! Please leave a message if you get voicemail.
Or visit our web site paradiseconnections.com and send us an email!
Paradise Connections attended the St. Maarten Charter Yacht Exhibition, that was held at the Yacht Club Port de Plaisance in Simpson Bay Lagoon, Sint Maarten, Netherland Antilles from December 5 to 8, 2005.
This was the second year of the annual event and we feel they did a very good job and hope more yachts will enroll in next year's charter yacht show (more sail boats please). Once again, the show offered free wi-fi and complementary continental breakfast. It is a great venue for the charter yacht show as the airport, hotels, and a wide variety of good restaurants are close by (as opposed to the Antigua show). The folks at the St. Maarten Charter Yacht Exhibition also provided free water taxi service to travel between the various marinas, plus they scheduled shuttles to transport brokers from their hotels to the show.
The evening events were fun and interesting... The Taste of St. Maarten evening allowed us to sample the fare of various, good restaurants from both the French side of St. Martin and the Dutch side of Sint Maarten, and we mustn't forget to also thank the companies that supplied beverages and open bar. The Yacht Hops are always enjoyable. M/Y Harmony definitely won the prize for most lively entertainment!
Thank you for a job well done. We look forward to next year's show!
A couple of our favorite motoryachts won top honors in the Concours de Chef Competition at the St.Maarten Charter Yacht Exhibition, Harmony and Touch.
Congratulations to Chef Cameron Feldman aboard HARMONY for winning First Prize. Captain Jack McKay and his crew of six, will be chartering this 2005/6 winter season in the Caribbean. They will return for their second summer in the Mediterranean and be available for charter beginning around the end of June 2006.
Harmony still has a few dates open for their Caribbean season, but we don't expect them to last long!
* January 30 - February 12, 2006
* March 5-13, 2006
* May 2-15, 2006
Second Place in the Concours de Chef Competition was awarded to Chef Toni-Leann Butler of the motoryacht TOUCH
Touch is a 120-foot motor yacht which accommodates up to eight guests in four staterooms, each with King-size beds.
Touch, with Captain David Rutherford and his crew of six, will be based in the Caribbean this winter through the end of March 2006 and will be chartering in the Mediterranean for the summer 2006.
WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE FRENCH CANAL BARGES
These two barges came to our attention recently as they have been designed specially to accommodate passengers with physical challenges. The barges La Reine Pedauque and Niagara operate in Southern Burgundy between Dijon and Vandenesse.
Both are fitted with a lift for wheelchairs and a stair lift for access between decks. The doors are wide enough for wheelchair access on all decks. The Ambassador suites have a shower seat, commode and handrails next to the shower and the height of the bed is only 70cm high for easy accessibility. The minibus also has a wheelchair lift.
The average crew ratio is one crew member to every two passengers and all cabins have ensuite facilities.
Both Reine Pedauque and Niagara offer 6-night, Friday to Thursday cruises between April and October. Every 6-night cruise includes all meals, open bar, regional wines, daily escorted excursions, and local return transfer between the vessel and Chateau la Chassagne Hotel near Dijon.
M/Y JANIE is offering a special rate of 8 nights for the price of 7 from now through April 2006, with minimal or no delivery fees throughout the Caribbean!
Janie is a beautiful 157-foot motor yacht that accommodates up to ten guests in five staterooms (3 Kings, 2 Twins), and has a crew of nine.
- “Kaleidescape” DVD/CD Server which allows access to hundreds of movie and music titles at your fingertips, with instant access throughout the yacht.
- Wireless laptops in every room.
- SCUBA Diving available from yacht or from Janie's 34-foot custom Intrepid.
Summer: Mediterranean - $175,000 (low season), $185,000 (high season), plus expenses, VAT exempt
SUMMER CHARTERS IN CARIBBEAN - MOTOR YACHTS
We are happy to announce that the following motor yachts will be chartering in the Caribbean over the summer months (2006):
CARABELLA is a 41-foot President motor yacht owned and operated by Jerry and Shary Morson, along with their two cats. Carabella is based in the US Virgin Islands. Carabella accommodates two guests in the master cabin aft that has a walk-around Queen berth with ensuite head.
RATE: $5,750/week for 2 guests, all inclusive
DRAMALESS is an 82-foot Hatteras motor yacht based in St. Maarten and has a crew of two. Dramaless accommodates up to 7 guests in three cabins with ensuite heads. Two guest cabins have Queen berths, while the third guest cabin has three Twin berths. Dramaless has two waverunners, and a 19-foot Mako tender with 150HP motor.
RATE: $18,000/week, plus all expenses
PANACHE is an 85-foot Cheoy Lee motor yacht with a crew of four. Panache accommodates up to eight guests in four cabins, each with ensuite heads. Two of the guest cabins have King beds, one has a Queen, and the other guest cabin has two Twin beds. Panache has a 22-foot tender with 150HP jet drive, 2 waverunners, and LOTS of toys.
RATE: $29,500/week for an all-inclusive charter, plus fuel, OR...
RATE: $25,000/week, plus all expenses
SEMPER FI is a 64-foot Horizon motor yacht based in the BVIs, with a crew of two. Semper Fi accommodates up to six guests in three equivalent Queen cabins, each with ensuite head. Semper Fi has a 14-foot dinghy with 50HP motor. Toys include two 2-person kayaks, waterskis, wakeboard, snorkel gear, and more.
RATE: $19,500/week for an all-inclusive charterSHALIMAR is a 118-foot Benetti motor yacht, with a crew of seven, and will be based in Tortola, BVIs. Shalimar accommodates up to ten guests in five cabins, each with ensuite head. The master cabin has a King bed, two cabins have Queens, while the other two guest cabins have two Twin beds each.
RATES: $75,000/week for an all-inclusive charter, which includes 2 hours of fuel/day while in the British Virgin Islands, fuel extra outside of BVI waters
RATES: $60,000/week, plus all expenses
JIMMY BUFFET SIGHTING IN ST. BARTHS OVER NEW YEARS
How many of you folks that chartered in St. Barths over the holidays saw Jimmy Buffet sit in with a local band? This seems to be an annual event which is witnessed by a lucky few... Perhaps, next year?
Check out the story at Latitude 38's Lectronic Latitude:
The French canal hotel barge, Claire de Lune, is offering a discount on April 2006 charters that are booked by January 30, 2006. The "Midi Classic", a private charter for up to 6 persons, is offered at the reduced price of $16,500 instead of $19,800.
The Midi Classic is a 6-night, all-inclusive barge vacation. Included with the cruise:
- Round trip transfers in their air-conditioned minibus from a pre-designated meeting and drop-off point (airport, train station, car rental agency or your hotel).in Carcassonne and Beziers. For charter bookings also Montpellier, Narbonne or Toulouse.
- Accommodation for six guests in three-double or twin bedded staterooms, each with private en-suite facilities.
- Champagne Welcome upon boarding.
- All meals including wine plus a well-stocked bar is at your disposal.
- Use of the bicycles and the large collection of books and music.
- All proposed excursions and visits (including entrance fees) with their guide in the air-conditioned minibus.
ALDEBARAN (More Photos)
- Kid's special: Children under 2 years old are FREE & there is a $500 discount for kids aged 2-6 years old
- For honeymoons, 25th or 50th wedding anniversaries, take $250 off the regular 2-person rate
- Confirm a Winter or Summer charter before January 31, 2006 at the following special rates:
Up to 6 guests=$13,900, $15,900 for 8 guests, $16,900 for 9 guests, and 10 guests=$17,900
(valid for charters completed by 31 August, 2006)
- $,1500 off the listed rate for a 7 night charter in late February 2006
- Honeymoon/Anniversary special ($250 off our normal price of $5750) is being offered as a " Sweetheart Special" to anyone booking a full week charter that includes Valentine's Day 2006.
- 10% off current rates for new charters occuring this winter season (through Apr. 30, 2006)
- Children under 15 years old go for $400/week
- Special introductory rate for bookings confirmed aboard Fat Cat by March 15, 2006 for a 7-night or longer charter finishing anytime prior to August 7, 2006 (except Easter week). Four guests for $14,000/wk which represents a $2000 discount off their normal rate. Or... Two guests for $12,000/week which again is a $2000 savings. Fat Cat does not include bar or beverages in their rates.
- Honeymoon Special: $4,950 - fwd master cabin, champagne & memento book
- Honeymoon special: $5500/week
- HONEYMOON SPECIAL - $500 off two passenger rate.
- Special rate for Antigua charters: $5500/2, $5900/4, $6250/6
Inclusive except bar/beverages, cruising taxes, and special requests
- Honeymoon Special: $5100/week
- Honeymoon Special: $5,400/week
- Honeymoon and Anniversary Special: $200 off the weekly rate. Also includes a Discover Scuba Diving Course, Premium Champagne, a Gourmet Beach Picnic and a Honeymoon or Anniversary Memory Photo CD to take home
- Last-minute special: $150 off on charters booked less than 30 days out.
VIRGIN VENTURE 2
- For new charters booked for January and February 2006, receive a $2,750 discount off their normal rate.
More soon come....
Be sure to check out our ALL ABOUT YACHT CHARTERS Blog which is full of updated charter yacht news at http://allaboutyachtcharters.blogspot.com/
Have a good one!
Sheila & Bob
Paradise Connections Yacht Charters